This past week Instagram added a really cool feature to their mobile app, a photo map. The photo map gives you the ability to see where in the world you’ve taken photos using Instagram.
What’s even cooler than this? Getting to embed your own photo map into your website or blog! You can now easily do this with SnapWidget. The map widget allows your website visitors to interact with your photos and discover the amazing places you’ve shared via Instagram.
To add your own Instagram photo map to your website, follow these steps:
- Visit http://snapwidget.com and enter your username or hashtag
- Select Map from the Widget Type drop down
- Enter the size of the map widget you want to generate in the Map Size input field
- Click Preview to see what your widget will look like
- If you’re happy with the widget, click Get Code and add the code snippet to your website
That’s it! Now the visitors to your website will see an interactive map of your Instagram photos.
Here’s an example of an Instagram photo map for the #snow hashtag:
Leave a comment and let us know if you’re using the photo map widget on your blog.