Ok, back on track. Reinforced the interior, then brought out the heavy guns - fiberglass reinforced bondo. First coat of chartreuse on - back to where I should have been this morning.
by vurvdesign 1 year ago | via Instagram

Mrs. Potts is progressing nicely. I'm using a clay-like mixture of paper mache to sculpt and further refine the shape. It is important to paint the the initial layer of paper strips to water proof it before using the paper clay. #musicaltheatre #costum
by vurvdesign 1 year ago | via Instagram

I finished everything up on my island. All the extra storage and counter are great, but this drawer has been life changing. . . I am trying to create a modern space that honors spirit of the midcentury modern era. It drives me crazy when people put crow
by vurvdesign 1 year ago | via Instagram

I'm nearly finished Chip, and I just finished the framework for Mrs Pots. This framework will support the paper mache during construction, and ultimately be torn out to keep the overall weight of the costume down. That is why it is so crudely constructe
by vurvdesign 1 year ago | via Instagram

I'm elbow deep in torn paper and glue this morning as I start the first layer of paper mache on mrs. Potts. I discovered it is important to paint the armature before applying the wet paper to keep the thin wood from deforming when wet and under load. #m
by vurvdesign 1 year ago | via Instagram